Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Music, Time Well Spent in the Studio

Yet again, another busy weekend! Cajun Cookers with Kelly on Friday night and then back to the studio with Mike Bailey and Kelly to record some more "scratch" demos for Clyde on Sunday night. I am so anxious to get these songs to him. I love them all! I thought my problem would be finding the right songs, but he has sent me so many good ones it is going to be SO hard to choose!

Mike put his own spin on a few of the songs and they are turning out great. They don't sound like "scratch" demos at all. I am so lucky to be working with him and Kelly on this. Kelly is getting to show off his mad guitar skills on a few of the new songs. SO TALENTED! The ones I am working on right now have a Country-Rock edge and they are so much fun to sing! Right up my alley. ;)

On Sunday night we got the instrumentals done on 4 new songs. We also finished revamping the instrumentals on a song that is already on my site called "Cowboy Ride". It all sounded so good that I decided to re-do the vocals. :)

We won't be able to get back into the studio until next Monday and/or Tuesday. Then we will finish the vocals for the next 4 and ship them off to Nashville with a few others I have already completed. I am keeping my fingers crossed that these are the ones! Then it will be off to Nashville for me. :)

Now I am off to be Mommy and make dinner for my two adorable munchkins. Connor is pretending to be Iron Man right now, so we'll see how it goes. I am sure he will want to help, but it might be kinda difficult with his fake muscles and Iron Man helmet. ;)

1 comment: