Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello Monday! Back to reality.... ;)

What a crazy weekend! On Friday night, Kelly Anderson and I had a blast with our acoustic duo at Cajun Cookers. Then Saturday, amidst the thunderstorms, the band (Forgetting Last Friday) and I had a show at the Dean All Knighter 4-wheeler rally. It is a giant family reunion where the Dean and Knight families get together with a couple hundred of their closest friends and party all weekend! I have NEVER had a family reunion like this one! If only!

We thought we were going to get rained out because the campsite and stage are in a clearing in the woods out in the middle of nowhere. I am talking no cell service for miles! ;) It is absolutely beautiful out there. The campers put up a big wedding tent and a tarp over the stage so we could still come and play. They were such troopers! They literally had to stand ankle deep in mud and it was COLD, but they kept on dancing! Eventually, they just built a second campfire by the stage so they could keep warm. The band greatly appreciated the fire too.. lol

After the show, we took our acoustics to the big campfire and basically did band karaoke. It was so much fun! Mike Dean grabbed his guitar and sang a few himself. Very talented guy! Nothing better than sing-a-longs around a campfire, but when you have that many people, you are sure to have a good time!

Last year, I played the Dean All Knighter and we stayed and camped with everyone after the show. This year, we decided to come home and not to chance drowning in our tents in the gully washers that were coming through all weekend. Next year, rain or shine, it's on! I'll get a canoe!

The kids are home after being at their Grandparents for a week. I am SO not as cool as Mamaw and Papaw. They would both live there if I would let them. I just can't compete with the bunnies, chickens and horses.... Today it was back to reality! Cody had to get back to the grindstone of 5th grade homeschool and Connor had to be a little quieter than he did at Mamaw's house.... Not easy for a 4 year old energetic boy!!

This week we are going to try to get back into the studio and finish up our scratch demos so my producer and I can choose our favs and I can come to Nashville and get the master's done. I am SOOOO ready!!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun gig! :) Keyla sounded awesome as usual and everyone was really getting into her music. Hopefully we can get these scratch demos done Sunday! Looking forward to you getting your album out to the public. ~ Kelly

    ReplyDelete