Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Music, The Crazy Dream

This week has flown by so fast! After my gig last Friday night, my husband and I drove 4 hours to go visit my In-Laws. They are absolutely incredible. They have a farm complete with chickens, ducks, and rabbits and my Brother-In-Law (who lives across the street) has horses. My kids feel like we are going to a whole different world. It is like their own personal petting zoo. ;)

While we were there, the kids decided to stay for a week. I have missed them so much! They have had so much fun, I am not sure that they will want to come home on Sunday!

This week I have been working on music non-stop! It is so quite around here, I have to fill the silence with something.... lol It is amazing the amount of noise you miss when two rowdy boys aren't around!

On Wednesday night, after band practice, I had the opportunity to have dinner with my good friend and confindant, Ron Smith. He has helped me so much in the past several months put this whole journey together. I am so proud of him and his accomplishments! He has so many things in the works right now! Can't wait to share them with you!

I have met so many amazing people over the last few months from all over the world! My website on Reverbnation.com has really opened up the doors to musicians and music fans everywhere and I have made some really incredible friends. It is an amazing support system. :)

This weekend will be a full one! Tonight I have a gig at Cajun Cookers with Kelly Anderson. Tomorrow night I am doing an awesome show at a private party with the band. I've been looking forward to this one! It is basically a huge camping/4-wheeler rally. We played it last year and had a blast!

On Sunday night, it is back to the studio to lay down some more tracks for my producer. We are almost done with the scratch tracks and then it will be off to Nashville to get a couple of songs mastered! I am so ready to get the ball rolling and get my music out there!

Now... off to work on the set-list for Saturday night! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

XO ~ Keyla

1 comment: