Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Music, and Meals on Wheels

What a great week! I finally finished all of my scratch demos to send to Clyde! I am sure he will be glad to get them. It has been quite a process getting everyone together to get them done. I really loved everything Clyde sent me, but there are a few I really love and I have grown quite attached to. I can't say what they are yet, but I can't WAIT to get them recorded. :) I wish that I could do about 20 of them...... Is that too much for an album?? j/k ;)

Yesterday, Kelly Anderson and I played for a benefit for Meals on Wheels. I was honored when I was asked to help with the benefit. It is such a great cause. The people who donate their time to the program work hard every day to feed the elderly in our community. It breaks my heart to think of elderly men and women, who don't have any family to speak of, starving. Many of these folks cannot even leave their homes and rely on the services of Meals on Wheels day to day just to survive. We are so fortunate that there are still people out there who care and are willing to help. :) Of course Kelly and I had a great time listening to the other musicians involved. We met some really amazing people!

Since I am finished working on scratch demos, it is back to the grindstone learning new songs for the acoustic duo. I say "grindstone" jokingly... I love learning new music, putting my own spin on it and seeing the crowd's reaction when they hear songs they remember and love! It's truly amazing how many memories come back when you hear a song that you haven't heard in years.

Now it's off to the swingset for me! Connor's two favorite things are the swingset and the ice cream truck. Hopefully we can make it outside and back in without an ice cream truck incident. I SWEAR that truck scouts us out to see when we're outside! AND it always comes by right before dinner.... lol Those who know my children, know that they LOVE sweets. It is a battle of wits when we hear the ICT music!!! Wish me luck..... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I POSTED YOU A EMAIL about your song cowboy ride/and wrote you my tough about the two versions.Nice BLOGSPOT by the way.http://www.reverbnation.com/dannyhamelin alias LYRICKSO

    ReplyDelete